You wake up on a nice Sunday morning, and you feel like doing a nice breakfast for your significant other. You watched that korean drama the other day and you start craving for some Kimchi Pancake. You look up online for recipes and you come across this blog and find out how easy it is to make it. Viola. Lets get right into it.
- Vegetable Pancake Mix (1 Cup) – Available in most asian stores (we found that the consistency of the ASSI brand works best and requires no additional seasonings)
- Red/Yellow Onion Diced (1/2)
- Spring Onions (1/2 stalk)
- Green Chili sliced (1) (Optional- According to your spice level)
- Napa Cabbage Kimchi sliced (3 tablespoons) (Available in most asian stores)
1. Prepare all the ingredients and put them in a mixing bowl
2. Add the pancake mix and add 1 cup water gradually to a runny consistency
3. Grease your non stick cooking pan with some grapeseed/canola/avacado oil
4. Use a soup ladle to scoop the batter and spread on the pan
5. Cook it on medium heat and cover the pan to help it cook on top
6. Flip it once the top layer has cooked through (golden brown look)
7. Turn it on to high heat for 1-2 mins to increase the crispiness of the pancake
And its done! Dip it in some soy sauce mixed with sesame seeds. So simple, yet delicious. Try it out and you wont regret it!